Friday, September 27, 2013

Athens...

Well after a nice 12 hour sleep (not having slept on the flight at all) we ventured out into the streets of Athens today.  We are staying in the heart of the city in a very residential area.  I'm glad because we stayed in the historic/tourist area the last time we were here and didn't really get a feel for how the people of Athens live their daily lives.



The traffic is quite chaotic as expected, and full full full of motorcycles!  I know I'm driving Dy absolutely nuts stopping to look at them all parked...  Even the Police ride awesome bikes (Triumph Tigers and other cool adventure styles)



We went down to the Acropolis and Plaka this morning.  We thought it would be free today but that only begins tomorrow...so we'll try again tomorrow...hey, gotta save every penny!  We did walk to and around the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch which was pretty cool.