So... the day started with the usual choas. Go to the bus station...haggle haggle haggle... Taxi drivers under cutting bus drivers. Bus drivers reassuring you they are your best option. Meet with German tourists going where your going. Make a group deal. Taxi drivers almost saying what you're doing is illegal... Ignore... Leave.... Calm freyed nerves on the bus ride as the killer scenery unfolds. Two hours later you arrive in Petra. Done! And WELL worth the effort. (My friend Fawzi would have been very handy today...)
You walk down a bit of desert slope then into a narrow slot canyon. Walk in awe of mother nature's genious stone work for about 750 meters. Winding many corners along the way, then, BOOM! You're Indiana Jones... (It's cliché.. I know)



The Treasury at Petra is unbelievable! And that's only where it begins... How did they do this? When did they do this? Why did they do this? Why did they leave? Who are "They"? That's what I'll be googling for a while. (OK...OK... so maybe we know some of the answers...) There's really not much more we can say, and I hope the pictures will do a good job.
A quick shout out to my cousin Erin for her help and support with Jordan. (Have you been here before!?? :).
Loving the landscape here. I think we'll sleep in the desert for a few days and chill...
Oh yeah... And when a bus driver says your ride home will leave at 2 PM (or any time) don't count on it for a second! Even if you show up at 1:30. <snark>Thanks for the training for India my friend. </snark>
You walk down a bit of desert slope then into a narrow slot canyon. Walk in awe of mother nature's genious stone work for about 750 meters. Winding many corners along the way, then, BOOM! You're Indiana Jones... (It's cliché.. I know)



The Treasury at Petra is unbelievable! And that's only where it begins... How did they do this? When did they do this? Why did they do this? Why did they leave? Who are "They"? That's what I'll be googling for a while. (OK...OK... so maybe we know some of the answers...) There's really not much more we can say, and I hope the pictures will do a good job.
Below is a video of Dy having her head scarf tailored by Seuiliman, a young Jordanian boy I bought postcards from.
A quick shout out to my cousin Erin for her help and support with Jordan. (Have you been here before!?? :).
Loving the landscape here. I think we'll sleep in the desert for a few days and chill...
Oh yeah... And when a bus driver says your ride home will leave at 2 PM (or any time) don't count on it for a second! Even if you show up at 1:30. <snark>Thanks for the training for India my friend. </snark>





