What do you do on a 26 hour train trip in India? You listen to music, make friends, you read, eat Indian food, kill cockroaches, drink whiskey and try to get some sleep. We won't discuss the bathrooms. You don't want to know. Indian whiskey (wisky... I know how to tell Scottish and Irish apart by spelling...but Indian?!??!)
The 26 (more like 28) hour train trip was interesting. We met some very colourful people, like a Russion Jewish speed metal Habs fan that spoke Hebrew from Montreal. Even had his habs hat on. (I tried to ask him to leave the train...but no luck...sorry Bryan). His wife didn't speak much English except to say "shut up...shut up...you drive me crazy... In the most loving way to him. Then there's the nice young Israeli couple. Very friendly, cute couple who are just winging it through India. Needles to say, we've become friends. (We're actually still hangin out with them in Benaulim, Goa where we are right now)
It's funny how interested young Indians are with westerners. There was a School trip of mostly girls from Punjab headed to Kerala on our train. They were 15, 16 years old. They quickly latched on to Dy and took many pictures with her and were full of questions. When it came time to get off the train they even told her they will miss her. It was actually very heart warming. I hope they are reading this...hi girls! We hope you are enjoying Kerala...
Not much more more to say except that I stepped in a big pile of poop last night on our way to dinner with our friends from Tel Aviv... Big... Mushy... Cow poop. Right in the road... Actually it was more like a kick... Aaaannnd I was wearing sandals...Yep... I just said all that... Sorry if you read this blog while eating. (Do blogs have ratings!?! I think we're still P.G.?!?...
So I think we'll do a whole Lotta nothing by the Indian ocean for a few days. If anything interesting happens, we'll keep you posted! Gotta go do laundry...
Delhi train station
Just looking at pictures :)
W(h)iskey?
The 26 (more like 28) hour train trip was interesting. We met some very colourful people, like a Russion Jewish speed metal Habs fan that spoke Hebrew from Montreal. Even had his habs hat on. (I tried to ask him to leave the train...but no luck...sorry Bryan). His wife didn't speak much English except to say "shut up...shut up...you drive me crazy... In the most loving way to him. Then there's the nice young Israeli couple. Very friendly, cute couple who are just winging it through India. Needles to say, we've become friends. (We're actually still hangin out with them in Benaulim, Goa where we are right now)
Love the Indians photo bombing us in the background.
It's funny how interested young Indians are with westerners. There was a School trip of mostly girls from Punjab headed to Kerala on our train. They were 15, 16 years old. They quickly latched on to Dy and took many pictures with her and were full of questions. When it came time to get off the train they even told her they will miss her. It was actually very heart warming. I hope they are reading this...hi girls! We hope you are enjoying Kerala...
School trip
We found the food pretty good actually
Dy in her roach suit... I called her the cockroach ninja. (the only spotting so far Francis!!!)
Dy and girls at train station
Delhi trains from above
Not much more more to say except that I stepped in a big pile of poop last night on our way to dinner with our friends from Tel Aviv... Big... Mushy... Cow poop. Right in the road... Actually it was more like a kick... Aaaannnd I was wearing sandals...Yep... I just said all that... Sorry if you read this blog while eating. (Do blogs have ratings!?! I think we're still P.G.?!?...
So I think we'll do a whole Lotta nothing by the Indian ocean for a few days. If anything interesting happens, we'll keep you posted! Gotta go do laundry...









