Is what I asked Sanjay to do, after Jamie mumbled something about how was I feeling?...and being sick to his stomach. A minute later, Jamie's head is hanging out of the open car window - he didn't even have time to open the door. I think it may be a side effect of the malaria pills as he's complained about feeling a little nauseous after taking them. After a little nap in the back seat of the car, everything was Tickety Boo. (Jamie said that "Tickety boo" was just for you, Pieter)
Then we ran around to two different train stations in Agra trying to buy train tickets to southern India for next week. I won't go into the details, but just know that it was pure craziness. Go here.....no, you can't buy them here, go there...no, you can only purchase them on the internet... Finally - we have a "confirmed" ticket in our hand!
Then, off to the Taj Mahal. Of course our pictures look like everybody else's, but seeing it in real life was awesome. Did you know that the minarets are slanted two degrees away from the main building so that, in the event of an earthquake, the main building is not damaged?
We walked around Agra a bit, and only found a Mc'Donalds that was "sold out" of tea. I didn't think it possible to be sold out of tea in India!? At least Jamie was able to get a western coffee. Our street though, proved to be interesting enough. We snapped a photo of monkeys in the trees and this one of water buffalo walking down street in front of our hotel.
I think we'll just sit here a while and see what else may come along.
Happy Halloween everyone!
Taj Mahal coming into Agra
Then we ran around to two different train stations in Agra trying to buy train tickets to southern India for next week. I won't go into the details, but just know that it was pure craziness. Go here.....no, you can't buy them here, go there...no, you can only purchase them on the internet... Finally - we have a "confirmed" ticket in our hand!
Jamie goofing with Sanjay making light of how hilariously difficult buying the train ticket was...
Then, off to the Taj Mahal. Of course our pictures look like everybody else's, but seeing it in real life was awesome. Did you know that the minarets are slanted two degrees away from the main building so that, in the event of an earthquake, the main building is not damaged?
We walked around Agra a bit, and only found a Mc'Donalds that was "sold out" of tea. I didn't think it possible to be sold out of tea in India!? At least Jamie was able to get a western coffee. Our street though, proved to be interesting enough. We snapped a photo of monkeys in the trees and this one of water buffalo walking down street in front of our hotel.
This one doesn't count Jim! I couldn't climb the wall to get in the picture...
I think we'll just sit here a while and see what else may come along.
Happy Halloween everyone!







